Chemists / Researchers (m/f) Code TP-FS-01 and Code TP-ES-01
The Laimburg Research Centre is the leading research institute for agriculture and food quality in South Tyrol (Italy). We operate mainly in applied research with the aim of increasing the competitiveness and sustainability of South Tyrolean agriculture and of ensuring the quality of agricultural products.
The Working Group Laboratory for Flavours and Metabolites is looking for the research projects “Technology Parc - Food Science” (Step-up – CUP B83G13000420003) and “Technology Parc - Environmental Science” (Timoi – CUP B83G13000420003) for two highly motivated
Chemists / Researchers (m/f)
Code TP-FS-01 and Code TP-ES-01
The areas of responsibility are as follows:
Chemical analyses, including method optimization and method validation, in the field of food science for internal and external projects and collaboration with state of the art analytical techniques as well as sample collection, evaluation of results, reporting and writing of scientific papers.
Isotope analyses of agricultural matrices including method validation, sample collection, support of project partners, reporting and writing of scientific papers.
Profile of requirements
Requirements necessary for participation:
- Master in Chemistry or similar
- Fluent in German and/or Italian
The following additional competence will be considered an advantage
- PhD, Post-Doc experience or relevant work experience and a strong publication
- Knowledge in analytical chemistry
- Experience in separation techniques like LC-MS and GC-MS for the determination of primary and secondary metabolites in food (for TP-FS-01) and ICP-MS and Ion Chromatography for the determination of minerals and their isotopes in water and agricultural samples/matrices (for TP-ES-01)
- Good communication skills in oral and written English
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Candidates should be highly motivated, able to work independently and possess good team-working skills
Contract duration: until 31.12.2020
Applications must arrive by and not later than October 31, 2018 – 12.00 am
Laboratory for Flavours and Metabolites at NOI Techpark Bolzano/Bozen (with short stay in the Laboratory “Eco-Research” at Bolzano for TP-ES-01)
To apply please send your application by e-mail to email@example.com, quoting in the title of the relevant reference code of the position and including:
- letter of motivation (including a brief description of research interests, personal experiences, motivations and earliest date to start with the job)
- complete Curriculum Vitae (signed and not older than 6 months), letter(s) of recommendation and publication list,
- the curriculum must include the following phrase, otherwise the candidature will not be taken into consideration: “I agree to the handling of my personal data in accordance with EU Regulation GDPR 2016/679”.
- the copy of a valid identity ID (it must always be enclosed, unless the application is submitted personally by the applicant).
It is a full-time position at Laimburg Research Centre. Classification is based on the category " employee" according to the Agricultural collective agreement. The general rules for temporary jobs at the Laimburg Research Centre are described in the framework call, available at http://www.laimburg.it/de/transparente-verwaltung/personal2.asp.
Within a period of 12 months after closure of the selection process, suitable candidate(s) can be hired depending on demand and availability of additional position(s).
General requirements for admission to the proceedings:
- full possession of the political and civil rights
- full possession of the legal conditions and permits which allow an employment relationship in Italy
- no criminal convictions or legal proceedings for criminal offences
- to consent to the processing of the personal data in accordance with decree 196/2003 and EU Regulation GDPR 2016/679 by the Laimburg Research Centre.
For more information please visit our homepage www.laimburg.it or contact Dr. Peter Robatscher firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal opportunities: The position is open to both genders, Law n. 903, 9/12/1977, art. 1. The policy and practice of the Laimburg Research Centre require that all staff are offered equal opportunities within employment.
Data treatment: All data supplied by applicants will be used only for the purposes of determining their suitability for the position and will be held in accordance with the principles of the Personal Data Protection Code, Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003 and EU Regulation GDPR 2016/679. By sending the CV and application, the candidate will consent and authorize the Laimburg Research Centre to the use of his/her personal data. The candidate takes full responsibility for all the information included in the application form and curriculum vitae. Laimburg Research Centre reserves the right to request documentary proof of the qualifications listed by the candidate considered suitable for the post offered.